Friday, February 21, 2014

Inspiration

     
     This is the strongest woman I have ever known, and I am lucky enough to have her in my life. I met this woman about seventeen years ago, instantly a part of her. I eventually learned her name, and she gave me one. I grew up around her, learned everything I know from her. This lady, is my mom. From the beginning  I have always loved her, although I never realized how much I truly needed her until fairly recent years. 
     When I was younger I would only go to Mom if I had to, besides, she couldn't tell me something I didn't already know, so what's the point? I could face the world by myself and I didn't need the help of someone who couldn't understand me-I call this ability the thirteen-year-old-syndrome. Secretly, Mom had been there the whole time holding me up and letting me believe in myself. Still through it all, I tended to have an attitude problem with her when I didn't get my way, making both our lives harder. It took some time to come to the realization it was my fault for all the trouble I got in. 
     As I grew up, I began to try to face the world on my own a little more, really this time, as an image of struggle at her finest. Coming home from High School with frustration and determination made for a bad mix. Stress had built up in my life and in my shoulders. But I noticed Mom always seemed to be there to rub out the knots of tension and release the depriving strains of stress. 
     I couldn't be who I am today without my wonderful mother. I hope one day, when we reach that point in our lives where we've got things close to figured out, she can look at me and be proud of what she has done. She is one of the greatest gifts from God I have ever received, and therefore another amazing blessing. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment