Saturday, February 8, 2014

Contentment

     If I was asked if I could be anywhere in time where I'd be, normally I would say the future, about ten years. It's dangerous to think this way, always looking foreword. But now that I think if it, it's what I've always done, not necessarily planning, but frankly wishing my life away. 
     What could happen in ten years? Let alone, what could happen in five years, or even just one? Numerous events, life changing or seemingly meaningless. In just a days time a persons life can be turned around, the death of a loved one, the birth of a child, the meeting of a soal mate. So much happens in the world around us and in our own lives. We as a people, a nation, a society, go through life living in a mundane pattern. We go through the motions and expect to get something in return, something greater that could ultimately give us purpose. But, what lies behind it all, this idea that something greater can always be archived, that something with much more significance is ahead of us? Nothing. 
     Time is a manmade concept. This idea of time gives us perspective on how much longer we have to be what we want to be or do what we want to do. The beautiful thing about time though, is the chance it gives us for contentment. 
     To be content allows you to appreciate the amazing gifts you have, how far you have come, and how good you truly have it. Contentment is a release from the strains of not being good enough, it gives us peace and happiness, allowing you to be proud of what you've done and happy with what you have...really, it's beyond happiness. It's power. 
     I have decided to look not in the future at what I feel will be the time I'll have my life together, but to see where I am now, and to appreciate how I got here, to better see the blessings I have been granted, to be content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment