Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Beautiful Blessing

     Of all the blessings God gives, love is by far the greatest. Every night I lie down and say my prayers, asking for forgiveness, asking for the fulfillment of my needs, thanking Him for my blessings. Every night I pray towards the appreciation of my boyfriend. He is truly amazing. He is the kind of man that leads me to God, and will continue to do so. He does so much for me and I am beyond grateful for him. 
    This guy has been around for as long as I can remember, because he is the best friend of my cousin and really to all of my family. He's someone you can depend on, rely on in the times you really need someone, or even if you just want to have a good time, he's there. Honestly, I've always had a crush on him sence he first came around, but apparently he was oblivious to it all. I would joke around about him to my family and friends, at the time he thought of me as just his best friends cousin, to the point they'd become annoyed; now that I tell Isaac of these embarrassing stories and all he can do is laugh.
     Lately, I have been struggling with personal issues dealing with school and home, basically stress that has built up for so long. As my mamaw has told me before, in her southern, hick accent, "nothin' ain't bad that can't get better." Isaac has a way of showing that to me. Some of my favorite times with him is just being able to pray with him, over everything; we pray over every meal he takes me out to or that I have prepared for us, over our car rides and even for simple things, like having a good day. Through him I have better come to know Him, The Lord, and that is a beautiful blessing. 
     So, something to keep me going when I'm stressed, and someone to look to for comfort in hard times, I go to one of my most treasured blessings, My Isaac. 

One of our first pictures together. (:

     1 John 4:7  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.



Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-love-25-awesome-scripture-quotes/#ixzz2rHIrr0B1

No comments:

Post a Comment