Monday, January 6, 2014

Game Night

     After reading all day to catch up on some homework, it's nice to be able to sit down and laugh with my family. 
For entertainment, some families sit around and watch tv, some play sports, go for a night on the town, whatever. However, with my family being without a tv, the obvious lack of coordination for sports, and the roads currently being iced over because of the weather, we turn to board games. But normally they're just that, boring. 
     A couple of weeks ago my favorite brother came home from Louisville for Christmas. He and Jordan, my other brother, introduced a "new" game to us---Risk, "The Game of Global Domination", as referred to on the box. Almost everyday since then, it's been the thing to do. 
Domination by definition is: 
a. Control or power over another or others.
b. The exercise of such control or power.

     So, take said definition and apply it to your family. Interesting? When domination is set in motion in my house, with all the noise of us three girls and my boyfriend, the drama from the formation of alliances (illegal by the way), singing from all of us, whispering in each other's ears for a game plan, and the occasional visitor, this game can become pretty hectic. The above definition is expanded with our personal additives. To me, this hectic noise is peaceful, and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. 



-"Domination" Def. 1. The Free Dictionary. n.d. web. 6 January 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment