Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Good morning!

     Just a quick post, this morning my little sister and I made breakfast in bed for my dad. Naturally, I'm starving in the mornings, so I had already planned on frying some potatoes for myself. When Stella, my youngest sister, came in the kitchen her eyes were wide open. She always wakes up like that, full of energy. Also, Stella's always thinking of other people. She suggested making breakfast for Dad and I decided I could help her since I knew they both would appreciate it. 
     I threw in the potatoes, poured the oil in the pan, and fried them until crispy. I taught Stella the correct way to crack an egg on the side of a counter, instead of flat on top like she had been doing before, and lead her in the direction of making them herself. She was so excited she had done it alone and decided she'd make me some as well. And that in itself is a blessing. I was there for her the first time she made eggs, something so simple but gave her such satisfaction and lifted her confidence. The joy of being an older sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment